- If it all can be explained, where is the supernatural.
- Sometimes life is lived in ten minute intervals. Lord, give me the next ten minutes. Okay, I made it through those 10 minutes. Let’s do ten minutes more.
- Mind your own business is in the Bible “…and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.”
- God can be trusted in the darkness and the light.
- ” I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.”
- God is good. God is love. God is holy.
- Lunch with friends is delightful even if the food isn’t delicious.
- Silence in a conversation with a good friend isn’t an uncomfortable thing.
- “Old” friends add layers to my life. “New” friends are the icing on the cake.
- My friends have friends.
- Sometimes all you can do is be there and listen.
- To be a friend is an intentional priceless act.
- Having both of my daughters in the same place at the same time is the best.
- Giving my mum an inexpensive bouquet of flowers and a crème horn pastry can make her day.
- Marriage is a life commitment that should be taken seriously.
- My parents did the best job they could with the resources they had.
- My children remember events differently than I do.
- Parenting is hard work but worth every minute.
- A good book, a cup of tea and a piece of chocolate make for a lovely evening.
- Snuggling a sleeping baby on my chest is magical
- An unsolicited hug from a child/teen has the power to improve my day.
- Peanut butter and jelly on an English muffin, Fritos and a glass of milk are my ultimate comfort food lunch.
- Books are meant to be read and shared.
- I am good being by myself. I reboot being alone.
To my students:
- Don’t use last names when speaking about someone. You don’t know who is related to whom.
- Most of life has nothing to do with what you want to do.
- If you end up on Jerry Springer, I don’t want to hear my name mentioned.
- I don’t make threats, I make promises.
- “What made you think that was a good idea?”
Things I wished I had learned sooner:
- No matter how well I treated my body after a certain age it would betray me.
- Being silent when someone speaks isn’t the same as listening to them.
- There is wonder to be found in each new day.
- Challenging weather conditions, flight delays and traffic issues may affect my day but they are not personal attacks on me.
- Smiling at someone could make their day (and my day).
- There are people who thrive on drama. I don’t have to aid and abet their drama.
- may I remember the blessings of the past.
- may I look forward to the future.
- may I be present in the now.
- may I act justly, love mercy and walk humbly with my God.
- may I be who God intended me to be. 🙂